I have decided to try and blog more consistently this summer to keep myself on track. These are my training goals for June, I plan on posting updates whenever I make progress on them. Hopefully that will be everyday even if it is a small update.
- Run 100 miles-
- Cycle 250 miles- 30 miles so far
- Start doing yoga after hard runs
- Weights for legs after an easy run
- Lift weights the day before a hard run
- Lose 8 pounds = down to 167
Rough training plan for June
M- Easy run/ arms
T- Speedwork with Larisa/ yoga
W- Easy run/ arms/ evening bike ride
R- Tempo run/ yoga
S- Long run/yoga
S- Long ride
I may have to change things around but I plan on following these guidelines based on experience and from my friend Marcia.
- 1 speed workout per week- a mix of 400's and 800'd 1.5-2 minutes faster than race pace.
- 1 tempo run at race pace
- 1 long run- not longer than 10 miles
- 1-2 easy runs
- Alternate 4 days and 5 day training weeks
- Yoga/core work 2x a week- after a tough run
- Weights 2x a week
- Legs after an easy run
- Arms the day before a tough run
This plan will start the week of June 6th because I am running Rap River on Saturday and I don't want to do anything crazy before then.